Umbrella has finally moved – now at 408 Flinders St Townsville (next to Mary Who? Bookshop). We have had an enormous amount of help from volunteers, but there is still plenty to do.
Umbrella Studio is committed to involving its members, artists, students and other interested people from the community in both our daily and long-term activities. Opportunities exist for individuals to participate as volunteers in all areas of Umbrella’s operations, thus receiving valuable industry experience and professional guidance in all aspects of contemporary visual arts.
We have some key items we need help with:
– We are particularly looking for friendly administration / reception volunteers who can greet visitors in our new gallery. We are especially looking for people to fill Wednesdays and Thursday shifts. We would also appreciate having volunteers who don’t want regular hours but are available for us to call as a back up when others are away.
– Assisting to install a variety of exhibitions
– Assisting to deinstall exhibitions, paint and patch walls
– Assisting with exhibition openings and events
– More patching, sanding and painting – for the offices area in our new space & parts of the gallery (e.g. ceiling)
We would be delighted to have you assist when you are available. To register your interest, please complete the Volunteer Application form below, or Contact Umbrella for more details.