Umbrella has finally moved – now at 408 Flinders St Townsville (next to Mary Who? Bookshop). We have had an enormous amount of help from volunteers, but there is still plenty to do.
Umbrella Studio is committed to involving its members, artists, students and other interested people from the community in both our daily and long-term activities. Opportunities exist for individuals to participate as volunteers in all areas of Umbrella’s operations, thus receiving valuable industry experience and professional guidance in all aspects of contemporary visual arts.
We have some key items we need help with:
– We are particularly looking for friendly administration / reception volunteers who can greet visitors in our new home.
– More patching, sanding and painting – for the offices area in our new space
– Moving items from our temporary space (380 Flinders St) a few doors down to our new studio and office areas
– Assisting to install a variety of exhibitions
– Assisting to deinstall exhibitions, paint and patch walls
– Assisting with exhibition openings
We would be delighted to have you assist when you are available. To register your interest, please complete the Volunteer Application form below, or Contact Umbrella for more details.