Workshop Enrolment Information
Want to enrol in one of our art classes? Here’s how! Below is also some information about our terms and conditions and refund policy.
Places in all courses are strictly limited, so early booking is recommended to avoid disappointment. Places in all courses are confirmed only on receipt of payment.
How to Enrol
Once enrolments open, you can follow the simple step by step process to enrol yourself online. You will receive a copy of your invoice via email.
Over the Phone
To enrol over the phone call (07) 4772 7109
Our office is staffed from 9am–5pm, Mon–Fri and 9am–1pm, Sat–Sun. We can only accept credit card payments (Mastercard and VISA) over the phone.
Visit us and enrol at the gallery. Our office is staffed from 9am–5pm, Mon–Fri and 9am–1pm, Sat–Sun. We accept cash, EFTPOS and credit card payments.
Who can enrol?
Umbrella Studio workshops are open to everyone and no qualifications are required unless specified.
Most workshops are for people aged 16 years and above unless specified otherwise.
Please note Umbrella Studio is an older building with access limitations. A number of courses require the use of special materials and equipment that may not be suitable for everyone. If you have any special requirements please discuss with the Gallery and Media Coordinator before enrolling.
What to bring
Please check the Materials List for each individual workshop or event page to find out what is included and what to bring.
If the workshop is in our studio downstairs, you must wear enclosed shoes due to the equipment in this space. If you come in unsuitable shoes, you will be asked to go home and change.
Concessions and Discounts
Discounts on selected workshops are only open to Umbrella Studio members. Members receive $10 off workshops under $100 and $20 off workshops over $100. Memberships and member discounts are not transferable.
Refund Policy & Course Cancellations
- To secure your place, payment of the full workshop fee must be made upon booking.
- A full refund will be issued when:
- A workshop is cancelled by Umbrella Studio.
- A workshop is rescheduled by Umbrella Studio and you are unable to attend on the new date.
- We are notified prior to the start of a course that for medical reasons you are unable to take your place. You will need to present a medical certificate when you apply for a refund.
- A refund of the workshop fee less 10% administration fee will be issued when:
- You withdraw from a workshop seven (7) or more days before the start date.
- No refunds on cancelling a workshop will be offered if:
- You withdraw six (6) or fewer days prior to the workshop start date.
- You are absent from a class.
- However, if the place in the workshop can be filled by another person, you will be refunded in full less 10% administration fee.
Marketing & Photography
By enrolling in a class you are giving permission for yourself to be photographed. Photos may be used by Umbrella Studio for promotional purposes.
Any personal details recorded by Umbrella Studio will be used only for the purposes of your enrollment and to notify you of future workshop opportunities. If you do not wish for these details to be used by Umbrella Studio, please let us know at the time of booking. No personal information will be disclosed outside Umbrella Studio without your expressed consent, except where required by law.