Pop Up North Queensland (PUNQ) is a ten-day place-making visual and performance art festival. The festival will engage audiences with exhibitions, site-specific installations, performances and workshops by North Queensland artists in pop-up art spaces. PUNQ has run biennially in 2017 and 2019, and this year PUNQ is expanding across the region, partnering with local arts and cultural tourism organisations in Townsville, Charters Towers, Ingham and on Magnetic Island to showcase and support local artists and creatives.
We are seeking proposals from artists, arts & cultural organisations and businesses to activate and engage spaces, histories and futures through art and showcase the unique creative practices of the large regional landscape of North Queensland.
Possible program ideas:
– Arts and cultural shops
– Creative workshops
– Film screenings
There are some great benefits from being involved in the PUNQ festival program:
– Be part of a regional arts festival with a growing audience
– Benefit from a national marketing campaign provided by the festival
– Showcase your arts & culture to new audiences
– Earn income from art sales and ticketed events
– Be part of a festival that is growing the audience and recognition of North Queensland as an arts and cultural destination
– Be part of a network of artists, arts organisations and businesses
To apply for PUNQ 2021 please follow the link below for the town that you wish to participate in.
DEADLINE: midnight Sunday 25 April 2021.
Charters Towers Application – Now open
Ingham Application – Now open
Townsville Application – Now open
Magnetic Island Application – Now open
Check out what happened at PUNQ 2017 & 2019