Creative Industries Session #1
Umbrella Updates & Community Pulse Check
Join Umbrella staff and local artists for our first Creative Industries session.
We will be speaking about our current program, opportunities for artists and audiences, and enabling questions and comments as a pulse check for our members and the North Queensland arts community. We would love to hear how you have been coping during this period of isolation, and we want to be responsive to your needs.
The live session will commence at midday Monday 11 May 2020 and is intended to last approximately 30 minutes. The session will be delivered via Microsoft Teams, which is available as an app or on a webpage on a smartphone, tablet or computer. You can view and participate as a guest without needing to sign-in to a Microsoft account, and without needing a webcam or microphone. However, we recommend you have a stable internet connection and speakers / headphones as captions will be unavailable for this offering. Future offerings beyond this initial session will be recorded and made available after they are streamed live. Please read the full housekeeping notes below before you join at this link.
Microsoft Teams Instructions & Housekeeping
- When you first click the link above, you will be prompted to download the Windows app or watch on the web instead. We recommend watching on a web browser on a larger screen if possible. If you wish to download the app, please do so 10 minutes or more earlier than the commencement of the live event to give yourself enough time.
- If you join the session early (prior to 12pm on Monday 11 May), the screen will display “The live event has not started”. If you wait on this screen, it will load the session at the starting time. If you are too early, you are welcome to leave and re-enter via the same link.
- For the first half of the session, we will be talking about what Umbrella has been up to, and what we having coming up.
- The second half of the session will be dedicated to your questions and comments, and we may read these out and respond to them.
- If you wish to write to us during the session, please note that there is a 20 second delay from when you submit a question to when we will see it – and we’ll mostly be saving up questions for the session’s second half. We will be reviewing and approving notes as they appear in the ‘Featured’ section of the questions. When writing to the session, please type your name and introduce where you are coming from at the start of your note e.g. “Hello! I am on Gurambilbarra Wulgurukaba and Bindal land in Townsville. I’d like to know…”
- Viewing devices: If you are joining on a computer or tablet, you should see a section to the right of the screen for ‘Live Event Q&A’. If you are joining this session on a phone, you will just see the live stream as your main screen. For phone users, click the icon at the top right of speech bubbles with a question mark to switch your view.
- Lastly, enjoy! We hope this is a fun and informative session that helps us all feel connected
Creative Industries receives generous support from the Regional Arts Development Fund. The Regional Arts Development Fund is a partnership between the Queensland Government and the Townsville City Council to support local arts and culture in regional Queensland.