Lynn Scott-Cumming – Moon Phase: Chasing Transcendence
16 April - 23 May
Visitors must comply with Umbrella’s COVID-19 Safety Plan and directives | Gallery open Tues-Fri 9am-5pm | Sat-Sun 9am-1pm | Gallery closed Mondays, public holidays and during exhibition install weeks. Follow our social media for updates.
This latest body of work by Lynn Scott-Cumming is comprised of unique-state prints and written texts. Employing colour, abstract shapes and symbols, the artist explores the mystery, divinity and allure of the moon.
Lynn Scott-Cumming is is a Townsville-based artist and printmaker. She holds a Master of Creative Arts (Painting and Writing) from James Cook University (JCU) and a Bachelor of Visual Arts (JCU). The artist has run numerous workshops and classes for Umbrella and local arts organisations, including printmaking, writing, painting and sculpture workshops. She has over forty years of experience in the arts (with over thirty years in Townsville), is a long-standing Umbrella volunteer, member of Umbrella’s Makerspace Access Group (UMAG) and has been a Makerspace Facilitator for over 5 years.
Key COVID-safety messages for the launch:
– Umbrella can have 140 people in attendance at any one time.
– All visitors will need to provide contact details and comply with our COVID-19 Safety Plan and directives.
– Visitors must not attend if they have symptoms of COVID-19. (Stay at home if you are unwell or have a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath).
– Seek assistance from staff if you become unwell during the event
– Maintaining physical distancing requirements is the individual’s responsibility, including at the entrance to the gallery
– At the time of writing the QLD government’s directive for mandatory wearing of face-masks should end by Thursday 15 April 2021 prior to the exhibitions launch.
Please check at these links for updated advice closer to the date.
Image: Lynn Scott-Cumming, Cracked Moon, 2020, Unique state print, 19 x 33cm.
Hear from Lynn at her artist floortalk (alongside artist Martina Ah Sam) 11am Sunday 18 April 2021.
Monoprinting Workshop with Lynn Scott-Cumming (in conjunction with her exhibition) 10:30am-1:30pm Sunday 9 May
Also on display during this exhibition period 16 April – 23 May 2021: Genine Larin – Empathic Gestures | Ann Bartholomeusz – Shift | Martina Ah Sam – KWATYE