In these challenging times, we want you to know that we are doing our bit to keep our staff, volunteers, and visitors safe and healthy, during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Actions we have taken
- Hand sanitiser at entry points
- Suspended our volunteering program
- Closed doors to public visitation (enforced by government)
- Limiting to just one or two staff at the office while others work from home
- Social distancing in rare instances that we must work together
- Cancelled in-person public progams such as workshops, artist talks, panel discussions, etc.
- Cancelled venue hires
- Cancelled gallery openings
Improvements we are making for accessibility and to assist artists with sales and audiences
- Digital 360-views of exhibitions online
- Online sales catalogues for exhibitions
- Gallery shop stock uploaded online
Help for artists
- Have you become unemployed due to COVID-19?
- Apply for Arts Qld Individuals fund
- Apply for AusCo Individuals fund
- Copyright Agency Grants
What we are working on
- New ways to display exhibitions online in a high quality manner
- Remote work opportunities for artists
- Professional development for our team
- Market development
- Ways to build resilience in our artists, our organisation, and our industry
See the lastest Townsville Arts e-Bulletin for more online arts experiences and closures.