- This event has passed.
Build a Website in a Day: Website Creation for Artists
5 August, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm| See below for prices
This is a five hour course run by Alex Christopher that shows artists how to build a website from scratch specifically for showcasing their works.
You will learn:
- How to set up a website – domain names, URLs, WordPress
- Principles of website design
- How to create pages and add new media
- How to determine goals and purpose for your artist website
- Words/content for your artist statement/s, bios etc
- How to set up a blog
- How to sell your work from your website
- How to using your website as the main stage for your promotions
There will be simple step by step instructions on how to set up a website and how to build on it as your practice grows. This course is designed to go slowly and answer any questions along the way.
Each participant will work on their own website during the course. By the end of the course, you will have a usable website to share. The website you will build uses a free platform and then you can be shown other options to upgrade.
What to Bring:
- Your own laptop with WiFi capabilities. We will be able to use the internet in the Umbrella Studio space.
- Any images and wording in digital format that you can use to add to your website.
The facilitator will be able to offer individual support after you have completed the course. This is to be arranged directly with the facilitator. You are eligible to 50% off the individual support if you sign up to this course.
Members Price: $75. Please log in to receive this discount.