3D Mosaic Cut and Paste Construction
13 May @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm| See below for prices
In this workshop learn from artist Cassandra Roberts how to use fabric, tiles, found objects, jewellery and crockery (broken or whole) to create and decorate your own unique piece of artwork.
Things to be covered:
• Composition of elements to gain the desired: shape, feeling and stability
• How to choose and use the right Fixative: glue, cement, glue/grout, wire
• How to snip specific details from crockery
• How to finish off your artwork: Grouting (colouring and application), estapol choice
• Trouble shooting: transition from one material to another, grouting edges, construction techniques
• Tools: needs and uses
What to bring:
• Something comfortable and old to work in
• Bits and pieces to use as decorative elements
• A specific item to use as a base if desired, otherwise frames and other items will be provided to use as a base for your artwork.
• Something for lunch
• Imagination and a sense of humour